Sunday, January 14, 2007

Welcome

Welcome to my blog of the Smoky Mountain and Southern Railroad. After many years of starts and stops and much frustration and indecision , I have finally decided to contruct a working model railroad in my living area. I hope that by documenting the progress of construction on this blog that I will stay motivated to actually get the work done. I can't even tell you exactly how many years that have passed since I first decided that I wanted to do this but it has been at least 10 years. I bought the cabinets you can see in the picture specifically for the purpose of building the railroad over them and using the cabinets as storage. At this point I have nearly finished with the benchwork and have the backdrop in place. It was probably 4 or5 years ago that I started the benchwork. There used to be a lot more but I tore it down and started over. The backdrop has been in place over a year or more. The cardboard squares that you see at random around the shelving are mock-ups of some buildings that will eventually be built. they are helping me in planning what I can actually fit into the space and finalize the track plan I will be using. Right now they are not in the actual place they will end-up and I still have more to make. That's all for now. In my next post I will explain how I got interested in the hobby and what has taken so long to finally get moving.


No comments: