Thursday, December 25, 2008

First Structure.

Well, it's been almost exactly two years since I last updated this site. Mainly because I hadn't done anything. Life kind of got in the way again and my interest had been focused in other directions, but recently I've gotten my motivation back. I did finally finish the last of the benchwork and laid down the base layer of foamboard. Now I am starting on laying out the sub-roadbed As soon as I make some progress on that I'll add another update. In the meantime, this is the first structure I've built that will eventually be on the layout. I liked it because it reminds me of the tourist traps my brother and I would beg our parents to stop at when we were on vacations in the mountains, especially in Cherokee.

Once I place it on the layout, I'll be detailing it a little more. A little funny I guess that my first structure is not railroad related but is definetly a part of the flavor of the area I hope to represent. It will be along the road on the edge of town close to the river and the eventual roadside picnic area.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

nice Dad! now all u need is a wooden indian out front, lol!!
Steve

runjoey said...

There will be when I get it on the layout as well as a black bear